夫為文，思有衰之時，辭不逮心，以至文白雜糅，故大典立牌以警之；近日見粵文大典有牌曰：粵夾文言者，不禁絕倒。--VitaDei 二〇一六年二月一四日 （日） 〇四時〇一分 (UTC)
http://stats.wikimedia.org/DE/TablesWikipediaZH_CLASSICAL.htm --VitaDei (talk) 二〇一六年二月一九日 （五） 〇〇時五二分 (UTC)
對破壞者的封禁。文言維基暫時沒有任何政策可以作為依據。之前的許多ip用戶，登陸了的破壞者都沒有被封禁，也是因為沒有參照之依據。近日之破壞者，僕多予以一星期的封禁，這是對於IP用戶。對於注冊用戶已經有警告模板，所以算是有一定的章法可循。我將建立維基大典:禁制，以實現有依據的封禁政策。屆時請諸位在彼條目之討論頁進行完善討論。----損齋 (talk) 二〇一六年二月二五日 （四） 二〇時三五分 (UTC)
Hello again. Please excuse the English. 請協助翻譯成您使用的語言. 感謝您！
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below, as this language still has 0% progress in translations(0% or slightly above, for interface messages). You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The user guide lives at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
Apologies for writing in English. 請協助翻譯成您使用的語言
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 二〇一六年三月一七日 （四） 二〇時三〇分 (UTC)
維基文庫 模 不可用
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 二〇一六年三月三一日 （四） 一五時四七分 (UTC)
- 此何？米斯蒂婭洛蕾拉 二〇一六年五月二二日 （日） 〇九時二四分 (UTC)
Server switch 2016
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 二〇一六年四月一七日 （日） 二一時〇八分 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 二〇一六年四月二一日 （四） 一五時三五分 (UTC)
凡動漫遊戲之諸角，夜雀謂之以虛人也。例拳皇之鎮元齋，東方之霍青娥，火影之春野櫻，諸如此類。 可有模板以定乎？生者不傳之策可曾適之乎？ 米斯蒂婭洛蕾拉 二〇一六年五月一三日 （五） 一二時〇六分 (UTC)
Hello. Please excuse the English. 請協助翻譯成您使用的語言. 感謝您！
As per previous announcements (see the February archive for this page), the visual editor (視覺化編輯器) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (記住我最後使用的編輯器).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil ( ) in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want to:
- 如果可以，讓我使用視覺化編輯器 (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- 總是讓我使用原始碼編輯器 (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- 同時顯示兩種編輯器頁籤 (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (在修 --> 編輯模式：), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after some days it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no technical issues have arisen.
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback here. I'd like to thank everyone who has already worked to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org.
- 可以書畫名品、文物雅玩置於其內，則看畵一名不可。不知名之以何，求助。--沈澤 (talk) 二〇一六年六月六日 （一） 一一時一七分 (UTC)
- 答沈澤：可謂曰博古櫃。- 關山月。 二〇一六年六月一七日 （五） 〇三時〇五分 (UTC)
另：愚亦以“清賞”爲可，然與“詩詞鑒賞”相衝矣。--沈澤 (talk) 二〇一六年六月一七日 （五） 一三時〇七分 (UTC)
- 答沈澤：可謂曰博古櫃。- 關山月。 二〇一六年六月一七日 （五） 〇三時〇五分 (UTC)
- 可以書畫名品、文物雅玩置於其內，則看畵一名不可。不知名之以何，求助。--沈澤 (talk) 二〇一六年六月六日 （一） 一一時一七分 (UTC)
The visual editor is now active here
Hello again. This message is not available in this wiki's message: 請協助翻譯成您使用的語言. 感謝您！
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (視覺化編輯器) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose your favorite setting, please see the previous announcement above.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "呈纂" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar. If you wish to change your editing system preferences, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> 在修 --> 編輯模式：.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) 二〇一六年六月六日 （一） 一五時五三分 (UTC)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here (current progress: 4%). Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Hello everyone. As anticipated, now logged-out editors have access to the visual editor as well. Please let us know about your experience with the visual editor here. A guide is available if you want to learn how to customize it for your community's needs. Best regards, Elitre (WMF) 二〇一六年六月一三日 （一） 一五時五五分 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 二〇一六年六月一〇日 （五） 一五時三一分 (UTC)
- 予謂「爭」字，符合臺灣之事。- 關山月。 二〇一六年六月一九日 （日） 〇三時四八分 (UTC)
- 有共識乎？予將改題。- 關山月。 二〇一六年七月六日 （三） 〇九時四二分 (UTC)
何屬二字過白，按學名當為歸屬。然台灣問題恐不在此界，言領土領海之無情物，稱歸屬尚可，今台灣爭在民意，而人群非物也，倘兼歷史、文化、種族而為問題，言歸屬亦不妥極矣。愚見不妨以公案名之，公案謂著名之糾紛爭議，或大案件，如禪林公案、史學公案之類。台灣問題，即台灣公案，有統獨之爭、領土之爭、族群之爭、文教之爭、意理之爭等，皆是公案中事。不知意下？——勝爲士 (talk) 二〇一六年七月一五日 （五） 一六時一二分 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki, which you may already seen in the latest issue of Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 二〇一六年六月二四日 （五） 一四時〇一分 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-二〇一六年六月二八日 （二） 〇四時二一分 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 二〇一六年七月一日 （五） 一四時一〇分 (UTC)
- 答Joe young yu：宜漢譯。至若翻譯之如何，可議。至於其「實」字，予亦以君言為然，當用康熙字典之字形，而非一國自取之新字體。
又及：ケロロ軍曹，宜從日音取當字「介呂呂軍曹」。- 關山月。 二〇一六年七月五日 （二） 一四時〇九分 (UTC)
- 補充：VAT六九亦題西字。- 關山月。 二〇一六年七月六日 （三） 〇九時四〇分 (UTC)
- bullshit 英語之牛糞
- fuck 英俚語之入
- keroro軍曹 介呂呂軍曹
- lovelive 校伶就志記（校伶一辭，從文中既有之譯。竊謂伶生亦可。言追逐音樂夢想之事，故名就志）
- VAT69 醪樽六九（鑒酒師嘗百樽酒醪，以第六十九樽為至善，厥有斯名）- 關山月。 二〇一六年七月一四日 （四） 一二時三三分 (UTC)
- 已遷，另告沈澤君，君所言者，雖善，然維基大典號“文辭雅正”，夫題當書漢字。可以Template:外語不入題示之，以通觀者。——Joe young yu (talk) 二〇一六年七月一五日 （五） 一一時二七分 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2016
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 二〇一六年七月三日 （日） 一七時二〇分 (UTC)
ESEA Newsletter June 2016
- What is Affiliations Committee and how ESEA is related with it? ESEA editors interviewed one of the members Ting Chen on Wikimedia Conference 2016.
- Wikimedia Indonesia brings the news on Sundanese Wikipedia community held a Wikipedia writing competition, and one participant who was only 12 years old managed to edit 118 articles using a 4-inch smartphone, using source editor!
- Wikimedia Taiwan invites parliament members to take open licensed photo, 38 out of 113 congresspeople have participated in this event.
- Wikimedians in Thailand organised two meetups in March 2016 at Mahidol University International College. They gathered around 30 new editors, including a visually impaired student.
- One of Wikimedia Hong Kong members was invited to give a presentation about building up an Arts database in Asia on Wikipedia, and the Ministry of Culture in Taiwan expressed their interest to cooperate with us in order to establish the database.
Open call for Project Grants
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 二〇一六年七月五日 （二） 一五時二五分 (UTC)
- I did it. Its position is differ from Chinese and English Wikipedia.--一個正常人 (talk) 二〇一六年七月八日 （五） 一五時二七分 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 二〇一六年八月三〇日 （二） 一八時三八分 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 二〇一六年九月一二日 （一） 一五時〇八分 (UTC)
Grants to improve your project
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 二〇一六年一〇月六日 （四） 〇一時三五分 (UTC)
Editing News #3—2016
二〇一六年一〇月一五日 （六） 一七時五〇分 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- ' - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Adding to the above section (Password reset)
New way to edit wikitext
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --二〇一六年一二月一四日 （三） 一九時三一分 (UTC)